Welcome to the idea that's been shopped around for some time now, like a green headed foster kid that couldn’t find a home. The new event framework is a result of trying to fit this square peg into a round hole and then finally listening to what people needed and wanted, and how they were already going about getting it. The result is Green Breakfast Club. The goal is to get people to help each other grow their green startups and businesses through giving.
The format goes like this: Entrepreneurs, Intrapraneurs, CSR professionals, Designers and Technologists at the intersection of Social Innovation and Sustainability gather to use barter and breakfast to exchange resources to grow their green startup. Resources of any legal and g-rated kind can be swapped, the group has an hour to barter, and then the rest just happens.
- Once per month for 2 hours of breakfast and bartering
- Networking and Nosh: 30 minutes
- Keynote startup story of established sustainable business leader: 15 minutes
- Barter time: a minute for attendees to say I am X, I have Y to give, I need Z: 60 minutes
- News & Wrapup: community & sponsor news and feedback on how to improve: 15 minutes
- Expanding our local New York City event and entrepreneurs training programs for 2012
- Fine tune our business model and build a home for Green Entrepreneurship in New York City
- Launch our Green Breakfast Club monthly events in more cities and grow our global network
- Develop and introduce a resource exchange technology for users worldwide
- Seek out more partners, sponsors, supporters and rebel rousers to come along for the ride